Jill is a proud resident of Del Ray, where the shop is located. She graduated from The University of Chicago in 1998 with a degree in Computer Science and moved to Northern Virginia to work in software development. Although she adored technology, she was too much of a foodie to stay behind a desk. Loving nothing more than learning about food, cooking, and entertaining, Jill wanted a way to work for herself and be surrounded by her favorite food: cheese! With the unflagging support of her husband, Jill founded Cheesetique in 2004.
The original shoebox-sized location was bursting at the seams from the get-go. Hoping for more retail space and wanting to open the kind of joint where cheese and wine enthusiasts could gather, Cheesetique relocated to its new, larger location in early 2008. Thus was born the new Cheesetique and the Cheese & Wine Bar that we see today.
Our Head Honchos
- Maud Bentley, Store Director & Cheesetique Wine Director
- Andrea Rivera, Front of House Manager
- Hope Adair, Front of House Manager
- Michael Alston, Kitchen Manager
- Thomas Ferraro, Store Director & Cheesetique Cheese Director
- Missy Pankow, Restaurant Manager
- Dustin Clookey, Senior Kitchen Manager